10 Things to Do With Your Old and Dying AirPods | Deciding what to do with your old and dying AirPods can be tough, especially if you’re like many people who just want to get rid of them as soon as possible.
If you don’t feel like putting them in the trash, though, there are plenty of things you can do with your old and dying AirPods that can be fun or helpful to you or someone else. If you have time, check out these ten things to do with your old and dying AirPods (and feel free to come up with more on your own).
10 Things to Do With Your Old and Dying AirPods
1) Turn them into jewelry
Who says AirPods have to be utilitarian? If you’re looking for a way to repurpose your old and dying AirPods, why not turn them into jewelry? You can find plenty of tutorials online on how to do this. For example, you can turn them into earrings or a necklace. Or, if you’re feeling really creative, you could even make a ring out of them. Not only will you give your old AirPods new life, but you’ll also have unique jewelry that no one else has.
2) Add them to a rose
Roses are beautiful, romantic, and classic. They are also expensive. If you have a rose that is starting to die, you can extend its life by adding your old AirPods to the stem. This will add weight to the rose, helping it stand up straight.
Plus, the extra bulk will help the rose absorb more water, keeping it hydrated for longer. The best time to do this is during the winter months when there’s less sunlight available for plants.
3) Use them as magnets
If your AirPods are no longer working, you can repurpose them as magnets. All you need is a strong adhesive and some magnet wire.
First, remove the battery from the AirPod case. Next, adhere the magnet wire to the back of the case. Finally, attach the magnets to the underside of a metal surface.
4) Put batteries in them
Do you have a pair of AirPods that just won’t hold a charge like they used to? Don’t throw them away! Here are resourceful things you can do with your old and dying AirPods:
- You’ll need a new battery, or set of batteries, in order to be able to use your AirPods again.
- While it might seem cheap at first, keep in mind that as tempting as it may be to buy cheaper non-branded batteries off eBay or other sources, they could cause harm to your device.
- If you’re confident in their authenticity then go ahead, but otherwise stick with name brands like Apple or Samsung so you can rest easy knowing their quality will last. To install them is pretty straightforward:
- turn off your device by holding it down on both sides for five seconds; unscrew bottom screws by hand; pop out old batteries (carefully);
- install new ones carefully and screw them back into place; turn on devices when finished.
5) Repurpose them into interesting shapes
Turn your old AirPods into a cool conversation piece by repurposing them into interesting shapes. You can make a statue, sculpture, or figurine out of them. Or, get creative and make jewelry or art pieces. If you’re feeling really ambitious, you can even try to make a working clock out of them.
It’s going to take some time, but it will be worth it when you look at it every day and think about how much time you put into it.
6) Add wires inside them, then add clay and make something cool from that
If you’re feeling creative, you can add some wires inside your old AirPods and turn them into a cool sculpture. First, take the wires and add them to the AirPod. Then, add clay around the outside of the wire. Once the clay is dry, you can paint it or leave it as is.
You can also add other embellishments to your sculpture, like beads or feathers. A small hole in the back of the earpiece will help with this. Or, try making an ice cream sundae from your old AirPods: Make three bowls out of aluminum foil that is slightly smaller than one AirPod (i.e., so they will fit snugly).
Pour chocolate syrup in one bowl, strawberry syrup in another bowl, and vanilla syrup into the third bowl. Gently place an AirPod upside down in each bowl so that it sticks to the sides without being submerged below the liquid level. Next, put all three bowls on top of each other in order: vanilla on the bottom, strawberry next, and chocolate on top.
7) Decorate candle holders with an Apple Pencil holder inside an AirPod case
This is a great way to repurpose your old and dying AirPods. Candle holders are always in style and using an Apple Pencil holder inside an AirPod case will add a touch of elegance to any room. Plus, this is a great way to keep your pencils organized and ready to use. Here’s what you need
- Two AirPod cases (preferably different colors)
- One Apple Pencil Holder
- Cardboard or foam board (to make the base for the candle holder)
- Duct tape (to wrap around the base for stability)
- Foam craft shapes for decorating (optional) – Candlesticks
- Tealight candles
- Glue gun (if needed)
8) Decorate a gift box using an AirPods case (use it as packaging)
Whether you’re giving a gift to someone who loves Apple products or you’re just looking for a unique way to wrap a present, using an old AirPod case is a great option! Plus, it’s a great way to upcycle something that would otherwise be thrown away. Here’s how you can do it:
- First, cut out the opening of the AirPods case.
- Next, fold over the two side flaps of the AirPods case and tape them together on one side to create your box form.
- To decorate your box, get creative with different materials such as paper scraps, tissue paper scraps, ribbons, twine, and more! You can even use craft paint pens or Sharpies for embellishments on the inside of your box.
- Once you have finished decorating your box, all that’s left to do is fill it with goodies and tie a ribbon around the top to finish off the look.
- You can also try these easy crafts if you don’t want to make a gift box: Fill your old AirPod cases with fun trinkets like stickers, trading cards, temporary tattoos, and stationery items like postcards and note cards, or other small odds and ends.
- Use your old AirPods cases as portable coin purses by filling them with coins, earbuds, or other small items so they are handy when traveling.
9) Make an adorable little birdhouse out of an Airpod case, then install it outside your home so birds can visit
Airpod cases are the perfect size for little birdhouses! Just drill a few holes in the bottom of the case for drainage, then add some straw or moss for bedding.
Hang your birdhouse up outside and wait for the birds to come to visit! You can also try making a suet feeder out of an old chip bag by cutting off one end, filling it with suet, and tying it shut with some twine or string.
You can hang it from a tree branch (or nail it to one) for birds that prefer their food on the ground. Or, fill an old soda bottle with water and place it in your backyard near plants thirsty for water (like gardenias).
When you squeeze the bottle, droplets will form on its surface that will eventually drip down onto nearby leaves below – this is how rainbows start!
10) Use them as mini-vases, fill them up with water, add cut flowers & give it away as a gift.
One of the most resourceful things you can do with your old AirPods is to use them as mini-vases. Simply fill them up with water, add some cut flowers, and give them away as gifts. You can also use them as coasters for your drinks, or as keychains for your keys. If you’re feeling really creative, you can even use them as paintbrushes!
So, there you have it! 10 things to do with your old and dying AirPods. We hope you found this list helpful and that it gave you some ideas of what to do with your own AirPods. As always, be sure to recycle or donate your old electronics responsibly.